"Home Theater Wiring and Cables?"
What You Need To Know About Home Theater CablesBefore you can start planning a home theater room or theatre system...
You must begin with the correct home theatre wiring. You can compare the wiring system of a theater room to the circulatory system of our body. Just as the veins carrys blood and oxygen thru out the body, your home theater wiring system will carry video, audio & digital signals throughout your home.
First and foremost...
Do not skimp on the quality of wire that you use to pre-wire your theater room. Believe me when I tell you...the few dollars you may save now, you will regret over and over again as you listen & watch your favorite DVD movies on the big screen.
RG6 Quad Shield Wire:
- This is the only type of wire that we will use to pre-wire your home for composite & component level video . We also use it to make custom RGB component cables.
- This wire is used for your projector feeds, Dish network & Direct TV Satellite feeds, Plasma feeds for your LCD, DLP & Plasma large screen televisions.
- We promise that will only use plastic straps & staples to fasten your RG6 Quad shield cable. Standard metal staples pinch & damage the quality of your video signal.
- Do not settle for RG59 tv cable (This will promote ghost images.)
- Do not settle for standard RG6 cable. Insist only on RG6 Quad shield!
Data & Phone Cable:
- As a minimum...We use only Cat 5 data wire for all of your phone and data drops when installing your home theater wiring.
- This wire is used for the phone jack for your cable or satellite receivers.
- It is also used for carrying the data required for any intrared eyes needed to control equipment
- We only use Cat 5 wire to be used for any volume controls for distributed audio. This allows you to upgrade to home automation systems such as Control 4 later on.
use catagory 3
phone wire as it is not capable of transmitting data.
use metal staples as they will damage your wire and the strength of the
- Instead of having to run the typical red, blue and green component level cables. HDMI cables allow you to run one single wire instead of 3 componenr cables.
- HDMI cables provide HD signals up to 1080P lines of resolution.
- As a minimum we recommend using 16/2 or 16/4 guage speaker wire. You can also upgrade to 14/2 or 14/4 guage speaker wire for your surround sound wiring
- Remember to pre-wire for 7.1 surround sound now...even if you plan on only using a 5.1 surround sound system for the time being. Later on you can add left and right middle speakers without cutting any drywall or sheetrock! This wire will accomodate any surround sound speakers that you may decide to install later.
- If you are pre-wiring or roughing in before drywalling...why not run an empty conduit or ENT plastic flexable conduit from the head end where all of your receiver equipment is located to overhead where your projector will be.
- Don't forget to run a pullstring so that you can tie a wire to pull thru later! By taking just a few moments to do this now...you will future proof the quality of your video signal.
- Eventually when they develop a cable that can carry more than a 1080P signal...you will be ready to pull the newest technology cable thru your empty conduit...without having to cut any drywall
Designing & installing Atlanta Georgia home theatre Wiring and Cable in Atlanta, Marietta, Dunwoody, Roswell, Lawrenceville, Norcross, Duluth, Suwanee, Dacula, Winder, Auburn, Flowery Branch, Statham, Bethlehem, Buford, Sugar Hill, Braselton, Jefferson, Canton, Cumming, Hoschton, and Gainesville GA.
Home Theater Wiring Consultant with ADS Home Technologies
“Educating Homeowners On How To Invest In Affordable Home Theater System In Atlanta Georgia...So They Only Have To Invest In It...ONCE.”